So you are looking for a router/modem?
ARRIS DG2460 might be your next choice if you want to pick a good one.
This is one of the many products available at market right away. So why you should choose ARRIS DG2460?
We will help you out to check out the details about this router. All the features and disadvantages, we are going to explain in this article.
Features of ARRIS DG2460:
- This router comes with Spectrum Analyzer and also has full bandwidth tuner
- Its design is good and comply with the latest DOCSIS 3.0. This is a pretty good thing about this router.
- ARRIS DG2460 runs on Intel Atom Core processor with gives you a power of 1.2 GHz. You can rely on this speed to take load.
- Router provides a 32-bit data architecture, which can boost your speed to the maximum.
- Works for USB 2.0 Port
- They are giving you an internal power supply with the modem, and this will make it reliable all the time
Interface Speeds of Router
As this router provides you multiple interfaces here are the details how much speed it can deliver:
If you are using WIFI: It will be 1750 MBPS
For the Docsis Downstream: Upto 960 MBPS
USB 2.0: 480 MBPS
Upstream of Docsis: 240 MBPS
How to access the user interface
If you are planning to buy this ARRIS DG2460, you must know that how you have to access the interface of this specific router.
- Connect it to power and Switch it on
- You can connect it to your laptop/mac via WIFI access or direct network cable, both options are available right away
- Open safari or chrome (whatever you have)
- Now you have to enter the gateway IP instead of any URL in your browser
- Default gateway IP for this router is 192.168.0.1
- Once you have open the user interface, you will see a box for username and password
- Default username and password for ARRIS DG2460 is “admin” and “password”
- After filling this username and password you will be redirected to the configuration screen
- Here you can fill the details shared by your ISP.
If you have done all these steps properly, you can access Wi-Fi or other features through your new ARRIS DG2460.
How to reset ARRIS DG2460?
If you stuck someday with the issues that you need to reset this router or your ISP settings have been changed, you can easily do so.
Just press the Power button to turn this on. Now you have keep pressing the reset button available on your router hardware for at least 15 seconds. This method will reset your device to its factory settings.
Restart the device to check the reaction of your action.
Final words for ARRIS DG2460:
This router is one of the multiple routers available in the market. You can go to buy this product but here are a few cons attached with this router:
- This works on the USB 2.0, which is not a big issue
- You might need to restart few time due to disconnection
- Factory mode might clear every single details available on the device
- Sometimes it might produce a speed of 80 MBPS only
Now it depends upon you that you are going to purchase this device or not.
Hope you did like the article. Please do not forget to drop a comment for the same.
You might also like to read: